Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday Funday

Oh how I love Sundays . . .well except for that looming feeling of knowing I have to head back to work the next day! I usually still wake up pretty darn early on Sundays. My body has decided it is just unacceptable to sleep past 5 a.m. anymore. Since I can't sleep in, I do let myself hang out in bed for awhile and snuggle with the dogs, drink coffee, and read. I'm usually still at the gym for morning cardio by about 6:15 or so.

Sunday mornings are usually my big weekly food prep day when I make my egg muffins, crock pot chicken, sweet potatoes and all my tilapia for the week. I prep some of my veggies too so that all I have to do during the week is prep some extra veggies and pack up my lunches!

Sunday is also my big cleaning and laundry day. I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes cleaning so it is relaxing for me. And the best part of Sunday??? I let myself nap!! I almost never have time to nap during the week and rarely on Saturdays so it's a nice treat to slip in some extra zzz's!

Today is a little wacky since I was stuck at home waiting for the Sears repair guy yesterday so I was able to slip in some of my cleaning and food prep. What does this mean? Extra nap time! Since Andy is working all day I might also rent a girly movie that I know he will never watch. . . .Magic Mike anyone???

There is one other little thing I decided to do on Sundays which of course came to me during morning cardio - that is where I do all my best plotting and planning :) I tend to stay on track better with my eating, workouts and my crazy life in general if I plan out my week in advance. Sunday is going to include some quality goal setting time for the week! Here are a few things I've come up with so far:


  • Complete all workouts as planned (usually one that is easy to reach for me anyways but it helps to see it on paper!)
  • Up my RPM while doing my cardio on the elliptical - stay at 165 or higher (I made a few changes this morning and was struggling to stay above 160!)
  • Stretch after PM workouts (my back will thank me for this!)
  • Stick to nutrition plan 100% except for Thanksgiving where I will not go totally crazy but will eat more than normal at ONE meal (not all day long!)
  • Take at least 10 minutes everyday for some relaxing "me" time


Totally doable, right???

Time for one quick errand and then it's nap time for this girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment